Two of the victims in an alleged sexual hazing incident at a California high school are claiming they were attacked by as many as 10 varsity soccer players and assaulted.
The two alleged victims, whose voices were altered and names not released, told HLN‘s Dr. Drew Pinsky Monday night they were assaulted by more than the four teens who were cited in the incident at La Puente High School east of Los Angeles.
One of the boys told Pinksy he was jumped by the group of at least 10 older players in a storage room and sexually assaulted. He said the teens asked, “Do you want it the easy way or the hard way?”
The second boy said he was also attacked by six or seven players in the storage room, but managed to escape.
On Monday, the four teens were cited in the incident and ordered to appear in court next month. One is 18 and graduated this year, while the others are under 18.
The teacher coach for the soccer team was placed on paid leave, Hacienda La Puente School District Superintendent Barbara Nakaoka told reporters.
Scott said detectives were aware of the suspension, but detectives so far had no proof of his involvement.
The alleged hazing occurred last spring before school ended for the summer.
Detectives have talked to people associated with the school as far back as 2003, Scott said.
“But there is no indication anything occurred that long ago. We are looking at the last couple of years,” he said.
Attorney Brian Claypool held a news conference Monday saying he was representing four students. He said the players had just made the varsity team and were hazed by older team members.
Read more here.